Forums
Season 11 RTV - COD4 - Preview - Powered by Chillblast
Read this space for competition analysis, match predictions and more !

Season 11 RTV - COD4 - Preview - Powered by Chillblast

Postby Juanbreezer » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 20:33

Hello EDOM people!

Klok already entertained you guys with a brilliant preview of the next Road To Victory Tournament, season 11! Klok’s preview was centered on BO2, this article will focus on the CoD4 part of this season!

After some time away from EDOM CoD4 is back with the recent winter cup in which we saw AIR Gaming winning the cup by beating DiGital Gaming in the final. In season 11 of the Road To Victory Tournament we will see several old EDOM teams from the CoD4 scene back in action like –[AIR]-, *DEA , TSC., dA. and eXp together with BO2 teams CKS, |TC| and DiGital who are new to the CoD4 scene. This will promise a spectacular tournament since we’re seeing several high ranked EDOM Hall of Fame teams in action together with two BO2 teams who also play in the premier division of the BO2 RTV! (such a shame Don Rafael was too lazy to bring back |TNC| :D)

Each week each team will play one match and each week I’ll interview at least one person from one of the teams involved. This week we all say hello to Razorsidewalk, proud leader of The Second Coming (TSC.)!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with Razorsidewalk TSC.

After saying hello, kissing each other and other chitchat the interview commenced…

Tell us something about TSC, who are you guys?
Razor: ''Well TSC was formed on May 8th 2005, when we first entered FPS in CoD 1, then moved onto CoD2 and then onto CoD4, but we never really got involved in any of the other CoD's due to not enough interest within TSC at the time and of course they weren’t really up to scratch like the big CoD’s..lol. We’ve played in many leagues, starting with EDOM of course and have played many a great matches within EDOM. But with the decline in CoD4 and not really any new CoD to replace that, TSC has now really just become a community place for members to catch up on, but I’m hoping that we can really put in one last big push for this upcoming RTV 11 And maybe go out with a medal, perhaps even the gold ;)''

So we can assume you are happy that CoD4 gets another chance at EDOM, do you hope there might be more to come for CoD4 in EDOM?
Razor: ''Yes we are happy that it’s being given one more chance as we have had many a good nights in EDOM matches :) I hope that there might more to come in EDOM, but i just hope that if there is, then we are able to put a team back together to compete in any.''

Good to hear that! As TSC is an old squad already I am sure you know that members come and go... some stick like glue and some you'll say goodbye too at some point. How is the community within TSC like? Apart from the gaming…
Razor: ''We’ve had many… many players came through the doors in the last 8 years, and there’s really only been a small percentage that have been around for a long period. At the moment the community is fairly small with only a handful of members still gaming just for fun, mainly playing League of Legends. I myself have had to cut my gaming hours to a bare minimum as i have recently just become a Dad again for the 2nd time, but when I’m needed i can fit the games in still, just not the 7 nights a week i used to. But getting back to the original question, TSC is a lot quieter these days on our forums and TS than what is used to be… lol.''

Congratulations on your 2nd child! Nice to hear that! And even though your TSC community might be a lot quieter these days, does the upcoming RTV sparkle renewed interest in CoD4 and TSC from old TSC guys?
Razor: ''Yes and no, for some there not bothered either way, but some do relish a final chapter in CoD4 as long as it still has some interest left in it with some competitive play.''

When you look back in time, what do you think is the most memorable cup, tournament or league TSC played in EDOM? And are there any opponents you have fun or good memories about?
Razor: ''God there’s been so many memories in EDOM, going way back to CoD2, when we used to play the likes of mia, Dads Army to name but a few and then the teams in CoD4 like AIR, DEA, HjX and TNC to name a few. We have had so many memorable nights in cup games and league games and we’ve had some real terror nights too... lol But every league, cup or tournament we have played in has been very enjoyable and some of the teams we have played have been of top quality not only in gaming but also in character and i personally have made some good gaming friends through these matches.''

As you know I'm a teammate of ZubZero aka se7en, he used to be in TSC for a while when *DEA CoD4 was inactive. He loves you guys, so do we; do you remember him like I do, as a funny but absolutely CRAZY guy!?
Razor: ''Yes indeed, he was one of the more memorable, fun loving good guys in CoD4, but also had the craziness about him too, that everyone loved... lol And we all still love him too, be good to do battle against him and u guys again soon.''

Good to hear that! So on to my last two questions, you're next and first RTV game is against eXp.cL on Backlot, what do you think about it?
Razor: ''Well Backlot was never one of our strongest maps, but it will be interesting to see what teams are put out by both sides, as in the past we’ve had some very close matches with eXp, so it will be interesting and hopefully enjoyable, especially if we come away with the win :)''

CKS, dA., |TC|, *DEA, TSC., eXp.cL, DiGital and -[AIR]- are in the RTV, who are you top 3 favourite teams to battle it out for the top spots in the end?
Razor: ''Back in the day I would of said it would of been very close between TSC, AIR, DEA and eXp with dA coming in close, but these days I’ve no idea who’s in the teams as the player rosters have changed so much it would hard, but I’m sure those team I mentioned will still be up there near the top. The other teams I can’t really comment on as we’ve never played them, apart from CKS in the last CoD4 Winter cup, which we beat after getting into our stride!''

Thanks for answering my questions Razor, do you have anything fun or crazy to tell me that we all should know?
Razor: errr... lol... can’t think of anything, apart from may the best team win! TSC of course!! ‘cough cough’ :P lol but good luck to all teams :)

Oke hold on... I'm just writing this down: 'TSC to win RTV hands down according to Razor!'.
Razor: ''lol yeah, who do I send the donation too! :P''

Ooohhh 'match fixing'? No no Razor... that's Football ;)
Even though I heard Don Rafael is accepting donations

Razor: ''cool, I’ll catch him later... haha!! I hear it will be a cheap donation then... lol''

Ok, I won't tell anyone! no one will read this, don't worry! But yes Don Rafael is cheap... I heard that as well.

Thanks for taking your time with me Razor! Good luck to TSC and let's make it some memorable, fun and friendly matches! At least that's why I love EDOM, exactly because of that great atmosphere among teams out here!

Razor: ''Thanks and you too, and tell se7en I will be gunning for him in our match, but then again he will have 5 players gunning for him every round… lol! :P But we still love and miss his craziness :)''

Bye bye!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This concludes the interview with Razorsidewalk of TSC! This is the first preview of the CoD4 part of the RTV season 11 and as you just read we asked Razor about his personal favorites this season! Obviously we’re curious about how people from other teams in the CoD4 RTV think about this… we asked them! Also these people are the people that will be interviewed in the coming weeks.

So which teams will be on top at the end? What do the teams involved think?

MaziX – CKS-Gaming
‘’Our favorites for the CoD4 RTV are –[AIR]-, *DEA and dA… I suppose :D To be honest we’re all new in CoD4, we’ll already be happy if we would be in the top 5!’’

Sapper – Dads Army
‘’I think I could give you the top 2 to fight it out in the end, which would be AIR & DiGital… but for the 3rd spot I think it could be very close! Any one of the teams could come 3rd. For that matter I think the whole tournament will be very tight with all teams in with a shout to win. Just take pity on us old farts in dA, we may still be able to teach you young pups a thing or 2! How to use a commode, zimmer frame et cetera!’’

JamesGloop – The Company
‘’I can’t really comment too much on the CoD4 part of EDOM as we are really inexperienced there. However from looking at clan profiles and watching the recent Cup I’d possibly say *DEA, -[AIR]- and DiGital will likely be fighting it out! DiGital being the newer team to CoD4 and the other two being the veterans, I can happily say though… that |TC| will end up last!’’

iXi – Drug Enforcement Agency
‘’-[AIR]-, *DEA and eXp… -[AIR]- has a very god team, if they can field it every match they have a good chance for #1! We have a lot of good players, if we can field our best team we can do it as well. eXp is a bit of a guess… they were good as well but I don’t really know who plays for them anymore.’’

RoxY – ExtremeProClan
‘’I would have to say CKS as my only answer as I do not really know any of the others.’’

Bl@de & Vanity? – DiGital Gaming
Bl@de: ‘’I’d like to see DiGital fighting for top spot naturally but not sure if this is achievable due to the high caliber of teams that have returned to the game competitively. I’d say dA. with Lithium, shaggy and Halo, all good players. *DEA are seasoned veterans with a ridiculously huge trophy cabinet on their EDOM profile and due to beating us 20 – 4 I think the awards are well deserved. Also -[AIR]- due to the fact they beat us last time we met and really think they can pull good results out of the bag when needed!’’

Vanity?: ‘’I reckon -[AIR]-, *DEA and DiGital are gonna be the top 3 teams to watch’’

Danothebull – AIR Gaming
‘’Personally I feel the top 3 would be -[AIR]-, TSC. And *DEA in no particular order. After winning the Knockout cup after playing together for the first time and with all of the experience and qualities in our 5 man lineup, I feel that we should definitely have it in our locker to finish top 3. I feel that TSC. will finish in the top 3 because the core of their lineup have been playing together for years now and they were by far the most challenging team we faced in the cup (albeit we didn’t face every team available). I’ve played with many of the players at *DEA for a long time before and I know that they have a lot of strengths individually. When we beat them with relative ease in the Knockout cup I was surprised more than anything. However, from the outside it looks like *DEA have prepared for this tournament harder than any of the other teams, so I’m guessing that the missing pieces, teamwork and tactics, should now have come together.’’

From looking at these opinions it seems to be that some teams are recognized as top contenders this tournament! Will they live up to that? Who will surprise us? You’ll see it all happen in the upcoming Road To Victory Tournament season 11 here at EuroDomination sponsored by Chillblast!

Next week we’ll see Vanity? of Team DiGital talking about their team, their match against TSC. and how does he, as a member of an award winning EDOM team, look at facing some old EDOM teams who have had a lot of success in EDOM as well over the years?

RTV CoD4 Interview schedule:

Week 1: With Razorsidewalk of The Second Coming.
Week 2: With Vanity? of Team DiGital
Week 3: With JamesGloop of The Company
Week 4: With iXi of the Drug Enforcement Agency & Danothebull of AIR Gaming
Week 5: With RoxY of ExtremeProClan
Week 6: With Sapper of Dads Army
Week 7: TBC
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Re: Season 11 RTV - COD4 - Preview - Powered by Chillblast

Postby MorroW » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 20:49

Great read, and the interview was awesome, look forward to more.
Cheers for taking the time to answer *whoever the F it was*'s questions guys :)
MorroW
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Eric » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 20:53

Nicely written Juanbreezer! :YY:
Eric
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Juanbreezer » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 20:57

Thank you Mr. Writer
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Don Rafael » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 21:09

Well done Eric :Y: good read !
Don Rafael
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Danothebull » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 21:21

Well done Eric, a really good read :Y:

Juan, where is Eric's credit in the post? :P
Danothebull
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby klok » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 21:33

brilliant eric - morrow it wasnt kocks questions it were erics - so i guess kock works :p
klok
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby MorroW » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 22:11

klok wrote:brilliant eric - morrow it wasnt kocks questions it were erics - so i guess kock works :p

I think I've covered all my tracks now
MorroW
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Eric » Mon 25 Feb, 2013 20:42

MorroW wrote:
klok wrote:brilliant eric - morrow it wasnt kocks questions it were erics - so i guess kock works :p

I think I've covered all my tracks now

jep u did! :)~
Eric
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Return to Competition Coverage