Forums
Preview Week 2 !!
Read this space for competition analysis, match predictions and more !

Preview Week 2 !!

Postby Don Rafael » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 20:59

****SPONSORED BY CHILLBLAST*****

& written by KloK

Hello you fabulous Edom members and welcome to the weekly round up of Season 11s Road to Victory Tournament sponsored by those lovely chaps and chapesses over at Chillblast HQ – don’t forget you can win fantastic prizes in this seasons tournament by being the MVP for your division and that doesn’t mean the one with the most kills, simply the player that caused the opposition the biggest headache – be it blocking routes, winning clutch rounds, planting or simply the most amazing knife kills – its your call who you pick and why.

As always week one has had its ups and downs for each team and division with one area in particular causing a tiny bit of interest in the forums, but we’ll come to that later on.

As with past seasons, those lovely people at Treyarch, supported the game as IW / Activision did last season by releasing a patch that completely f*cked things up for a significant number of players however fortunately Treyarch to their credit rolled it back reasonably quickly meaning that the season could go ahead on time.

You’ll have seen by now Erics fantastic summary of the Cod4 competition with his in depth interview and report back, well where is the Blops 2 one I hear you ask? No feckin idea chap – my two roving reporters appear to have roved beyond contactable areas and vanished off the face of the earth a bit like Viper, Sham and Gis have done (forum trolls of the highest order for those of you new to edom!) anyway I have sent my tracker hounds out to seek them out and hopefully we will have something soon, if not I’ve ordered extra helpings of lard and several metal rods!

So, enough of the chit chat, lets get down to the action.and lets kick it all off with something that kicked off in the forums!

Premier Division – Black Ops 2

This week we had not 4 but 5 matches take place in the Premier Division – greedy tw*ts I know, however it was the 5th match that was full of controversy. There was a repeat of the Hardcore cup final between Digital and CKS, however the result was something no one could foresee with CKS being kicked out of the tournament for cheating none the less! After the match UAC3 screenshots clearly showed Ranye for CKS running a wallhack – score one for you boys, ladies and shemales in edom who argued for windowed mode – which meant that CKS defaulted the match Ranye was banned and then the whole thing kicked off as a host of new CKS boys were removed and arguments over hacking elsewhere began. Massive shame in my eyes as I think CKS were one of the best clans in edom with Noobkilla (him of the fantastic gif – go check him out) and Fat Bo being great players however we’ve heard not a dicky bird from either of them in this, just newer players who have brought shame to this once great clan – shows the perils of bringing in a host of unknowns – shame but lets move swiftly on.

So what happened next? Well #DGZ not to be confused with the other clan called DGZ (make it easy for me hey guys!) were able to step into the breach straight away and play a hastily arranged match against Digital actually beating them fairly comfortably in the end 14-10 (and don’t forget peeps that as this is a league system EVERY SECOND COUNTS! – oops not the game show every ROUND counts as in the case of a tie the clan with the most rounds takes the prize!

Easy played the birds of SQUARK and blasted them out of the air bringing them down to earth with a bump and a mighty defeat, taking the win 16-8 which propelled the Italians to the top of the league.

Juanbreezer, complete with his photos of the his clan in compromising positions with animals (apparently there’s a website now and they are being sponsored – just don’t check out their Facebook – scary you wont sleep for a week – I still cant and I’m a month in rehab) upped his clans game as they beat KK1 in the closest match of the week 13-11 – I think a shock defeat tbh – however I was advised by an insider that Lil Miss Fooka does some in between round You Tube watching and perhaps its this indiscipline that caused the KK loss – don’t believe me? Check her UAC – farting dogs really – Fooka sort her out?!?!?!? Mind you it’s very funny!

The final match of the first week was my choice for the win DGZ against the well marshalled tactics of impact and would you believe it but DGZ frogmarched (see what I did there?) their way and stomped all over impact resulting in an impressive 15-9 victory which leaves the table like so;

Easy – DGZ - #DGZ – DSK1 (I wont mention the losers!)

Next week sees an intriguing set of matches – with the winners of EASY vs DGZ taking the top spot however a draw lets both DSK1 and #DGZ potentially grab it – every match is vital

But enough of my thoughts what do you lot think – a host of new clans in the premier league any ideas who will win?

So from there we march swiftly into the First Division – no cheats, no scandals just good old skool fragging which is what we like to see. So who were the winners and losers?

Lets start at the top where we have had a lovely link up between the greeks of PIC and those bearskin hat wearing boys of POW – nice pings chaps! Staying off the potatoe vodka and leaving the drinking to the ouzo boys POW managed an impressive win 19-5 catapulting them to the top.

Elsewhere the Ugly N Disgusting Fwits of UNDF fought the beautiful Finnish ladies of Horna and appalled by their hideous visages, the ladies of Horna ran and hid most of the time only popping out to take 9 rounds.

Frag, newly promoted played the oompa loompas on TC and despite losing 17-7 gave a good account of themselves against previous premier league players. If anyones looking for a clan FRAG are recruiting by the way so go check em out!

And finally in a repeat of this seasons CTF cup final map, MB took on N1B seeking revenge for a last few minutes turnaround – did they get it? Nah! N1B proved far more at home on Standoff in SnD and took a nice win 8-16 meaning that all the winning clans took a fair few rounds off the losers leaving it rather tight at the top on round difference.

Next weeks line up sees UNDF line up against POW – a win for either will keep them top, a draw gives both TC and N1B the chance to gain the top spot. I’m going for a draw with N1B taking the top on round difference from TC!

Now, last but by no means least we have the second division – my personal favourite division because of all the sexy people playing in it especially those from Leeds aged 40 years old and keen runners (cough).

So, going with the form book and as predicted by yours truly last week, we have DSK2 sitting at the top after literally taking apart the Guardians of TG winning by a clear 12 rounds – was it the map, practice, who knows but DSK2 still remain my clear favorites for this division.

Elsewhere KK*2 (they have 4 KK teams now the greedy b*stards!) took on the G-Spotters and after a really solid start G-Spot came right back at them in a closely fought match only for KK*2 to pull away at the end and claim a 14-10 victory. Oh and check out the MVP KK*2 voted for G-Spot (good choice fellas – the rest of you take note there are more matches coming up!)

KK*3 proved themselves a force taking on 8th and gaining a very good draw – potentially throwing 8ths chances of a clear group win out the window especially with DSK2 to come.

Deathwish took on The silent but deadly farts of TSR in an incredibly close match only just beating them 13-11 to go joint top and again firm up my predictions that G-Spot and TSR will fight for the wooden spoon (lets hope G-Spot don’t however!)

This week, DSK2 will consolidate their position by easily beating TSR, DW have a battle on their hands against TG and I’m going to predict a shock win for TG here, G-Spot battle 8th on DRONE – wtf is that really a map, hey ho lets blame Don Don for being a noob and adding it in to the list!

And then we have the line up of line ups….. KK*2 vs KK*3 …. Do the squad numbers mean anything or will the 3rd team beat the second? Rumour has it Adele said that the 3rd team are better and will make the sky fall on KK*2s dreams of winning the division, whatever the outcome keep your eyes open for an upcoming livestream THIS SATURDAY (if Juan isn’t pissed again!) it promises to be a great fight regardless!.

So there we have it a lightning (well sort of) quick review and preview. All that remains to be said is play fair (not you CKS) fight hard but most of all HAVE FUN

KloK
Don Rafael
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Re: Preview Week 2 !!

Postby Frecker!? » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 21:23

KK*3 proved themselves a force taking on 8th and gaining a very good draw – potentially throwing 8ths chances of a clear group win out the window especially with DSK2 to come.

You did not predict us to win the group (if so missed) so it turned out a good draw in the end :)
Frecker!?
E-Dom Veteran

England England

Postby dAnZu » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 22:30

Good read as ever Klok, always keeps me chuckling 8)
dAnZu
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Don Rafael » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 14:17

I knew these fookaa's were doing dirty things during matches!
Don Rafael
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby L'MsFookaa » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 17:07

Eh? Farting dogs? no no no ... dunno what you watched Klok but i was watching a different thing lmao! Most farted and baptazia to be exact and sooooooooooooo funny!

Tis true , ladies can multi-task but in all honesty , I watched them before the match started :lol: needed something to chill the nerves :x
L'MsFookaa
E-Dom Grunt

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Postby Eric » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 17:08

Nice preview Klok!! Always a great read hehe!
Eric
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Bl@de » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 18:11

:YY:
Bl@de
E-Dom Spammer

England England

Postby Juanbreezer » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 18:44

L'MsFookaa wrote:Eh? Farting dogs? no no no ... dunno what you watched Klok but i was watching a different thing lmao! Most farted and baptazia to be exact and sooooooooooooo funny!

Tis true , ladies can multi-task but in all honesty , I watched them before the match started :lol: needed something to chill the nerves :x

You had nerves to play DSK 1 :O I see that our reputation proceeds us :P
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Instrumental » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 19:32

Good read. Nice one :)
Instrumental
E-Dom Newbie

Postby L'MsFookaa » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 19:59

Juanbreezer wrote:
L'MsFookaa wrote:Eh? Farting dogs? no no no ... dunno what you watched Klok but i was watching a different thing lmao! Most farted and baptazia to be exact and sooooooooooooo funny!

You had nerves to play DSK 1 :O I see that our reputation proceeds us :P

LOL Don't take it as a compliment ... i have nerves before any match ... :lmao:

Love it though! If you don't feel the tension and fun then whats the point of playing competitively ... :Y:
L'MsFookaa
E-Dom Grunt

Postby JamesGloop » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 20:29

Good job dude, keep up the good work :)
JamesGloop
E-Dom Soldier

Postby KillaBry » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 20:43

hahaha Very nice review, BUT if i hadnt of teamkilled twice on the 8th match,
i took myself and 3 others out on my team aswell as on another round took myself and 2others,

so 8th had a lucky draw Grrrrr ;) Lets just say i wont be making that mistake again lol
KillaBry
E-Dom Newbie

Postby Dave84 » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 21:13

im really loving these previews :) however i predict Dw to win :P
Dave84
E-Dom Newbie

Ireland Ireland

Postby Stacey10 » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 21:18

OMG KLOK so much for your support let's go DW (AKA RA now) fingers cross lets see if I can pull off some sneaky round wins again woohooo :P
Stacey10
E-Dom Soldier

Ireland Ireland

Postby L'MsFookaa » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 10:15

Go on Stacey , you show em who's boss :)

Oh and btw , Klok ... if you get the predictions right and those clans win , i want you to predict my lottery numbers! :Y:
L'MsFookaa
E-Dom Grunt

Next

Return to Competition Coverage