Forums
RTV Season 11 Week 3 (rather late sorry!)
Read this space for competition analysis, match predictions and more !

RTV Season 11 Week 3 (rather late sorry!)

Postby klok » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 9:56

Well what with real life and job applications and having to bathe the dog this weeks review of week 3 is a little late, but hey hodont see anyone else writing it so you'll just have to suffer - next week will be back on track ladies.

So this week i have decided to start running with the FIRST Division just to confuse you and make sure you all read everything you lazy sods. However I cant give you a full report on week 3 here as N1B and TC still havent played their match rearranging to 24th March - that should be an interesting one as N1B and TC have history, N1B having split from TC I believe a while back and forged their own path - still should make for an interesting match.

Elsewhere for those clans in the First Division that could actually be arsed to play their matches we had some expected results but also one slight shocker. Firstly the russian bears of POW took on the Finns of Horna and everything went to plan with Horna being soundlt thrashed 18-6. Then those UnDeniabe Freaks of UNDF took on the Greeks who are currently enjoying the hassles that Cyprus is going through and must have taken their eye off the ball as UNDF stormed a 17-7 win.

Then, that left FRAG against MB. Frag, promoted before the competition started and not too happy about it justified the belieef in the admin team that they should be in this division stomring to a clear win with a massive 20-4 victory - the largest margin of the season so far (along with one other who will be mentioned later)

So that left the table with POW sitting proudly at the top with an unbeaten record thus far woiith only TC looking to challenge them - will it come down to week 5 when they meet on plaza? Will do unless N1B can scuper them later on. Horna PIC MB and FRAG are still all in the running - for the wooden spoon that is!

Week 4 - i'll update on Monday!

So lets move on to the Seconbd Division and lets start off with a little report and insight into the strongest clan in that division - the one holding all the others above them in the table - thats right its G-Spot and here is their very own LikulBear (I;ve seen him hes not that Likul - i now know where all the pies went!)

Q&A with your host Draken (G-Spot).

Who are you and what do you do in your clan?

I am Mr likulbear of G-Spot. I think it's fair to say I don't really have a role in my clan apart from offering much ignored advice on where the enemy are!

How long has your clan been around, have you been with edom long?

Tbh - I haven't got a clue. Apparently G-Spot started out life as two separate clans - BFI and TWAT (excuse the francais!). They got into bed with each other, and became a clan called GUI (got to remember this is way back just after Desert Storm!). UT99 was the game of the day when GUI were around, and soon GUI became Global Elite Rampage Masters (GeRm), playing UT2003 and UT2004. I joined around 2004 I think. We started playing CoD2, and soon changed our name because most people thought we were German! So we changed to G-Spot, and here we are

Any funny stories you want to share with us about your clan, any members you want to talk about?

Where do I begin? One memory that does stand out is a meeting we had to celebrate one of our clan getting married (idiot!). We went paintballing in Liverpool (always a mistake) – what I remember is our compadre being forced to run through a tunnel of death sporting an inflatable sheep for his troubles – and our clan leader getting shot in the face by a tree sniper

How are you feeling the cup is going so far, any tough competition you are keeping an eye out for?

It’s not going too well so far is it! We’re bottom of the ninth already and could do with a win in our next game against KK x3. I think DSK 2 and RA are looking pretty strong, so far, and I expect them to go far in the cup

Do you prefer colas or lemonade?

What about a refreshing shandy? (Ed: Always knew he was a big girl ^_^)

Being from Manchester, you must have had a rough life. How many cars did you actually “borrow” as a kid?

Controversial! It’s not as ‘grim up North’ as some might think! It’s safe to say there used to be a lot of car borrowing in my neighbourhood, but I have never indulged my Vauxhall Nova joyriding fantasies

Do you use any of your engineer skills from life to help out in the competition?

I actually do! Being a genius mechanical engineer isn’t just about building stuff, it’s about knowing how to use it too. I often weigh up angles when throwing a grenade at someone… and more often than not end up catching said grenade in my pocket. But it’s all about fun, right?

So now we know a little bit more thanks to our roving reporter who finally managed to tear himself away from his other half in bed :) , what happene din week 3?

To be honest pretty much everything went as expeected with perhaps the one biug suprise being the match between 8th and KK*2 - expecting a close game, Freckles kissed his little players on the cheek giving them more freckles each and this pwered them to a massive 20-4 victory against KK*2 - perhaps not a shock win but definitely a shoclk margin here which could lead to importance round margin positioning at the end of the compo.

Elsewheere those Dutch Sex Kittens of DSK 2 led by the beautiful RamboBarbie (you did ask me to write that eh juan and woknok?) fresh from their harlem shaking and new sponsorship deal with SPIRE took the shine off a promising start for RA and won with a healthy 19-5 result. TSR and TG played out a draw rather fitting at the base of the table and G-Spot contiued their incredibly impressive streak losing to KK*S on Slums - and yet again KK forgot that the MVP is spelt KLOK not Blueboy - come on chaps get it right!

By the way check out this recruitment post if you are looking for a clan - top clan, top guys top players (cough cough cough).... viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13351

And that leads us nicely on the to Leet of the Leet in the Premier League.

And oh how the mighty have fallen - Digital winners of the HC Cup managed yet another defeat this time to KK - we did question at the start could they repeat it week in week on out new / different maps and it looks like the challenge was too much for them - lets see if they can get to grips in the second half of the tourny.

DSK1 snuck a tense 13-11 victory against #DGZ keeping them 100% in the race to win the division and building towards a tasty week 6 match against DGZ the first! DGZ also maintained their winning streak although perhaps not as comfortably as they might have only just beating SQUARK 14-10 - will those rounds be decisiive? Only if they cant beat DSk1 and draw!! Lets wait and see. Elsewhere Germany played Italy with the Germans once again becoming the victors as impact strode past EASY 14-10.

All of which is leading up to a rather tasty looking second half of the season in the Premier League - its all up for grabs.

But thats my thought waht do YOU THINK? Who will win, who will get the wooden spoons - come on have a prediction you could win a No Prize!

And on that note allthat remains to say is Fight Hard, Play Fair and HAVE FUN!
klok
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Re: RTV Season 11 Week 3 (rather late sorry!)

Postby Juanbreezer » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 12:07

Like a baws. Well written once again klok!
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Don Rafael » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 12:10

lol awesome :D

Are you really all that shit at gspot? :P
Don Rafael
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby klok » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 13:58

Don Rafael wrote:

well we beat 8th this week - check our recruitment post - thats fairly accurate :oops:
klok
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Bl@de » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 16:50

klok wrote:But thats my thought waht do YOU THINK? Who will win, who will get the wooden spoons - come on have a prediction you could win a No Prize!

We are only playing two of our HC Cup match players and the rest are public loons who don't practice (inc me) so I would be very suprised if we didn't win the wooden spoon ... having fun in the process though :D

Good read again Klok :Y:
Bl@de
E-Dom Spammer

England England

Postby dAnZu » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 17:21

Bl@de wrote:
klok wrote:But thats my thought waht do YOU THINK? Who will win, who will get the wooden spoons - come on have a prediction you could win a No Prize!

We are only playing two of our HC Cup match players and the rest are public loons who don't practice (inc me) so I would be very suprised if we didn't win the wooden spoon ... having fun in the process though :D

Good read again Klok :Y:

Even i've had to dust off the old gun and give it a whirl in one match, tells you all you need to know about our chances :P
dAnZu
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Eric » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 17:30

Nicely written once more Klok!

:)~
Eric
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby JamesGloop » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 19:34

Better late than never, good job again. Keep it up.
JamesGloop
E-Dom Soldier

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Postby L!kuL_B3aR » Sun 24 Mar, 2013 13:48

Don Rafael wrote:lol awesome :D

yes.
L!kuL_B3aR
E-Dom Newbie

England England

Return to Competition Coverage