Forums
RTV 11 - Sponsored by Chillblast - Week 6
Read this space for competition analysis, match predictions and more !

RTV 11 - Sponsored by Chillblast - Week 6

Postby klok » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 15:33

And now, the end is near, and so we reach the final curtain or in other words welcome to the review of the penultimate week of the RTV Season 11 sponsored by www.Chillblast.com

And what a week we’ve just had. The last week was like watching episode 13 of a 24, when the plot twist comes in and you realise the bad guy was actually the good guy pretending to be a bad girl whilst looking like a good guy or something like that. A bit like the bit in Bioshock Infinite when…..aha no spoilers here FPS fans only vitriol and bile from yours truly.

So whats the state of play?

Premier League:

If you remember last week, 2 teams on 12 points, one sneaking ahead on 15. The top 4 clans all playing each other with wins required from everyone. Well KK took on Impact needing a win to salvage their season and get a medal chance, impact needed a win to get back on top. Elsewhere the Dutch Sex Kittens took on DGZ who were still reeling from a surprise defeat to their second team – could they do a Fergie and come back after a bad loss?

Well not forgetting the others…Digital almost grabbed some points against Easy unfortunately losing out 14-10 and Squark grabbed their first points with a 12-12 draw against #DGZ who effectively scuppered their first teams chances last week a great result for Squark there. This leaves Digital and Squark to fight it out next week for the wooden spoon – a loss or draw for Digital gives it to them a win hands it to Squark – lets see who squeeks!

But back to the top as I hear you cry so what happened? Well those Kool Killas (who incidentally next season will just have an entire division to themselves as they now have approximately 2.6 billion teams in edom – give or take 2.599999996 Bn) took on the mighty impact on Yemen. Impact normally strong here fell apart and lost 13-11, ok so fell apart was abit strong but they lost – catapulting KK into the medal positions.

However the game of the week was undoubtedly DGZ vs DSK. Due to be streamed, not sure what happened there but I couldn’t view it, the Dutch Sex Kittens all dressed up in their best underwear, along with silky negligees and streamed it direct to the straight laced DGZ team. Shocked by such an amount of flesh (they aint small these DSK people) DGZ turned away in horror and then the sex kittens rampaged all over the Yemen giving them a solid whipping 19-5 in a most one sided game. Now that hands DSK the title so join me in a big congratulations to DSK for their first RTV title in edom. DGZ now join impact and KK going for 2nd with DGZ vs KK perhaps being the decider as impact play DSK!

First Division:

Yet again another plot twist. POW who had been undefeated all season played N1B and succumbed to a massive 17-7 defeat which could ultimately affect their title chances as UNDF fought FRAG and also won 17-7. All of which leaves the First division nicely poised with 3 teams on 15 points – N1B, POW and UNDF.

Both N1B and POW have wins to come this week I think against PIC and MB respectively meaning that UNDF have their work cut out as they MUST defeat TC to win the title and win by a bigger margin than POW – 4. POW have MB so a big win for POW could potentially give them the title as could one for N1B.

At the other end PIC and Horna fight for the wooden spoon even a win for Horna may not be enough as they are suffering with a bad round difference.

So TONIGHT UNDF fight TC in possibly the title winning or losing match – which way will it go? Who knows although my money (and by rights the kiss of death) is with UNDF.

And now finally the Second Division:

Well, the titles not gone either way yet and will come down to the final match of the season here. KK*3 on 16, DSK 2 on 15 and 8th on 13.

The loss from KK*3 by DSK 2 has handed a big initiative to the Kool Killas as all they need is a win from this week to take the title and to be fair they will most likely do it against TSR.

If they don’t then DSK 2 sit just behind them chasing a win against the KK*2 team (told you they had a few clans here!) and stand ready to swipe the title from their grasp if KK*3 draw or lose. In fact a draw for DSK2 will give them the title if KK*3 lose on round difference…..

Unless……those Desert Rats from the 8th Battalion grab a win against RA and both DSK and KK*3 lose (or KK*3 lose and DSK draw) as they sit just behind on 13 points and could end up with 16 – in fact all 3 could this week which makes it all rather tasty.

At the bottom end G-Spot continued their impressive losing streak and now must beat TG by 9 rounds or more to avoid the wooden spoon. TG just need a point or a defeat by less than 9 clear rounds to come second last. TSR and RA are fighting more for pride now than anything else but can play such an important part in the title race this week if they beat their opponents.

Not quite sure which way it will go but KK*3 are definitely the ones in the driving seat unless they get a blow out!

So all that remains is for me to say, Fight hard, Play Fair but most of all HAVE FUN

KloK
klok
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Re: RTV 11 - Sponsored by Chillblast - Week 6

Postby Don Rafael » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 15:50

Congratz DSK :Y:

Is going to be a tense final week for the rest of the teams ! :D
Don Rafael
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Frecker!? » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 1:03

8th got 3rd :)

Will the next RTV be around June/July?

Not seen any post regarding the next 2-3 months (schedule wise), is the 2013 Timeline available?
Frecker!?
E-Dom Veteran

England England

Postby Frecker!? » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 1:04

Also whats the prizes for the MVP and what if its a draw?
Frecker!?
E-Dom Veteran

England England

Postby dAnZu » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 1:10

Congratz on the win DSK, throughly deserved .

Looking forward to our the showdown with Awk this week (if i get picked :P). Chance to get the wooden spoon and MUP 'Most Useless Player' award in the same week is extremely exciting 8)
dAnZu
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Juanbreezer » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 6:50

More information regarding cups and Next RTV will be announched this week. Still discussing some options :)

@Frecker, if it is a draw, we will have a showdown!
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Davis.UK » Mon 15 Apr, 2013 23:51

I dont think blueboy should get 4 MVPs, He only got some of them cos he started complaining, To make it fair i reckon there should be a showdown vs cob! :YY:
Davis.UK
E-Dom Newbie

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Postby L!kuL_B3aR » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 12:42

Davis.UK wrote:I dont think blueboy should get 4 MVPs, He only got some of them cos he started complaining :YY:

a classic case of talking out of your arse here lad

call me old-fashioned but i thought MVP was about voting who you think was the best player - in several games the G-Spot MVP has been voted to be someone who has had an absolute stinker of a game rather than someone who we thought had played well. whether this apparent refusal to vote for the best player is tactical or just dumb is anyone's guess - but blueboy (in my opinion at least) has been consistently our best player not just through this RTV tournament but for a long time.

All we ask is for the clans we play against to vote in a fair manner, taking into account the performance of each person in our clan who played that game - just like we do. When you get an MVP for someone who killed 3 people all game and generally died within the first 30 seconds each round, it's hard to see what influence that person may have had in the game

I understand there is a prize at stake which has obviously increased the competitiveness between the people in with a chance of winning, but this comment just smacks of bitterness and immaturity
L!kuL_B3aR
E-Dom Newbie

England England

Postby Juanbreezer » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 16:09

Next RTV the MVP will be done diffrently so hopefully that will not come again!
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby dAnZu » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 16:48

Juanbreezer wrote:Next RTV the MVP will be done diffrently so hopefully that will not come again!

+1
dAnZu
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby klok » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 17:14

we are going with your suggestion of MUP Dan :Y:

(thats most useless player for those not in the know!)
klok
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby dAnZu » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 18:10

klok wrote:we are going with your suggestion of MUP Dan :Y:

(thats most useless player for those not in the know!)

Sounds good. I may play in the next RTV then if there is going to be an award suited to my gaming talents 8)
dAnZu
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Frecker!? » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 21:50

From the start 8th knew that some MVP's would not always be "correct" or be logic.

However keeping the MVP award is fine for next tournament ut maybe yous could include a further 2 or 3 awards?

Top fragger award/kills award?
Least deaths?
Most plants?

ect
Frecker!?
E-Dom Veteran

England England

Postby LoneGun » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 22:59

that would be pretty good frecker, then do an end of season vote for mvp from the top player in each section or something
LoneGun
E-Dom Soldier

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Postby bumblepuff » Wed 17 Apr, 2013 8:31

L!kuL_B3aR wrote:
Davis.UK wrote:I dont think blueboy should get 4 MVPs, He only got some of them cos he started complaining :YY:

a classic case of talking out of your arse here lad

call me old-fashioned but i thought MVP was about voting who you think was the best player - in several games the G-Spot MVP has been voted to be someone who has had an absolute stinker of a game rather than someone who we thought had played well. whether this apparent refusal to vote for the best player is tactical or just dumb is anyone's guess - but blueboy (in my opinion at least) has been consistently our best player not just through this RTV tournament but for a long time.

All we ask is for the clans we play against to vote in a fair manner, taking into account the performance of each person in our clan who played that game - just like we do. When you get an MVP for someone who killed 3 people all game and generally died within the first 30 seconds each round, it's hard to see what influence that person may have had in the game

I understand there is a prize at stake which has obviously increased the competitiveness between the people in with a chance of winning, but this comment just smacks of bitterness and immaturity

made me smile.
bumblepuff
E-Dom Newbie

Netherlands Netherlands

Next

Return to Competition Coverage