Forums
Support Euro Domination by making a donation
Important information regarding E-Dom is posted here.

Support Euro Domination by making a donation

Postby Rude Dude » Thu 14 Jun, 2007 22:14

It is now possible to donate to Euro Domination. Donations will be used to further improve the league, for example for hiring professionals who can code, script and design things.

Until now I've been doing this myself (with the help of a select few) and with the league growing it's very hard to keep up without making it a 24/7 job.

So if you feel generous, please make a donation. Any donations received will be invested back into the league! I will report back here what we do with the money and also those who made a donation will be posted on here.

Clans that have donated so far:
http://www.eurodomination.net/supporters.php

Destinations of donated funds so far:
- $40 donation to PBBans for their efforts for E-Dom, to help them collect money to buy new servers.
Last edited by Rude Dude on Wed 25 Jul, 2007 16:35, edited 9 times in total.
Rude Dude
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Rude Dude » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 12:02

Clans that have donated so far:

^ioN |
X.evo'

Rude Dude
Honorary E-Dom Admin
Honorary E-Dom Admin

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Seandee » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 14:32

I know this is controversial but have you ever thought about having a signup fee ?

A small fee when stating that you want to play a season on edom would more than help out and we at =8th= would be happy to do this,

I see that there are a lot of clans playing here and cant possibly see that paying £5 per entrance per season would harm any of us, it would also give you a regular amount of cash with which to do what was needed to keep edom as it should be,

The ultimate cheat free place we all wanna play in with a great concept and a great community that I for 1 am proud =8th= compete (lightly used term :wink: ) in

If you look at that for a years play it would be £20 per 4 seasons ?
Last edited by Seandee on Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Seandee
E-Dom Veteran

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Postby Vanquish » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 14:44

i wouldn't see it being a problem contribuiting £5 per season as long as the benefits are going towards the edom league and community, which i know they would, depends how the rest of the clans feel but quite a nice idea, would also keep alot of the clans who arent active away, because would rather have a league where they are all active, however this could also drive clans away, so its 6 and two 3's.
Vanquish
E-Dom Adept

Postby Vipez » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 14:44

yeah good idea but may see alot with deep pockets leave edom poss even though £5 a season bugger all for participating in such a well run ladder.

In fact, make it £10 a season and Rude can get his Ferrari he`s always wanted :P
Vipez
The Devil's Advocate

England England

Postby Vipez » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 14:45

Vanquish wrote:...however this could also drive clans away, so its 6 and two 3's.

All clans have at least 5 players so £1 each ... bargain.
Vipez
The Devil's Advocate

England England

Postby Vanquish » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 14:46

yeah not a problem in my opinion, but you know what some people are like, they will be like why should i pay to be in a league etc etc etc

however well run it is, you always get people like that :(
Vanquish
E-Dom Adept

Postby Vipez » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 14:55

Vanquish wrote:...but you know what some people are like...

You mean short arms and long pockets? :roll:
Vipez
The Devil's Advocate

England England

Postby Seandee » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:04

I agree but to have a league that we all know is CHEAT free does take a lot of time from members who do the admin side,

Having a small entrance fee for playing a season could also help when playing matches as there could be a small prize for the 1,2 positions in leagues - this could be open to high skill clans stating they want to be added to "x" league but they would not get away with this as over a season we as players know who the "better" clans are and with us all recording demos it would be easy to spot clans "taking it easy" for rounds and then "turning it on" for others

Clans at the minute cant get away with doing this without being moved so the same rules would apply for this Clan too good for league up they go, default the start of the season making it harder for them to win the next division they were added too,

Sorry to go off topic but 1 leads into the other,

I still say =8th= are happy to contribute per season and that this should seriously be considered
Seandee
E-Dom Veteran

Postby Vanquish » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:06

welll yeah....lol.... whats the word.... tight?!
Vanquish
E-Dom Adept

Postby Trevtawn » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:06

Vanquish wrote:yeah not a problem in my opinion, but you know what some people are like, they will be like why should i pay to be in a league etc etc etc

however well run it is, you always get people like that :(

But if thats the case, it would mean that E-Dom would be made up of clans that want to be here and are willing to help out with its running. (Albeit a nominal charge)

If we lose some of the 'less active' clans is it really a hardship..?

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that Bulldog has actually come up with a decent idea for once...? :D :D :D

P.P.S. Sorry Bull, getting my coat now m8!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Trevtawn
E-Dom Soldier

Wales Wales

Postby Vanquish » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:10

nah its a good idea, i have know issues with it, neither would my guys (i control the budget...lol) but i'm just thinking long term, but i guess most 18+ clans would have no issues
Vanquish
E-Dom Adept

Postby Seandee » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:11

lol,

You know I am full of good idea's

unfortunately they just get lost with the bullshit I spout also :lol:
Seandee
E-Dom Veteran

Postby Vipez » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:19

I think prize money is a bad idea and would cause problems ... but agree with entrance fee.

As trev said

"But if thats the case, it would mean that E-Dom would be made up of clans that want to be here and are willing to help out with its running. (Albeit a nominal charge)

If we lose some of the 'less active' clans is it really a hardship..? "

Do a poll :D
Vipez
The Devil's Advocate

England England

Postby Seandee » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 15:26

Didn't say Prize money I said prize,

Could be the use of a Match server for the clan via the sponsor, who in turn gets a payment for it, it could be a ts/ventrillo

It could even be - controversial this one - An evening with Rude !!! in germany or where ever he lives where by you could be his personal slave !

At least this thread is now being viewed and replied to lol, so lets get a poll or something sorted officially by rude only to see where we stand and get all the leaders to officially reply where there clan stands on the support idea ?

1 person who speaks for the clan so that it is not too confusing and lock the thread down so that the person can add the vote and then remove their priviledges to post or reply to the thread - that way it would be kept clean !

We could all still view the poll but just not be able to reply !
Seandee
E-Dom Veteran

Next

Return to News