Forums
SO WHAT IS HAPPENING ??
Discuss the future of E-Dom.

SO WHAT IS HAPPENING ??

Postby FoOKaa! » Sun 20 Jul, 2014 18:05

Ok so I just wanted to find out what is happening now with Edom ?

At present there seems to be lots playing BO2 again so why not get a ladder up for that ?

And where is this new website theme ? If you guys make the place look a bit more sexy people will be interested to see what its like here and maybe stick around... It would help the people who love edom, sell it to others better that they should come here and play in teh ladders here...

Its a bit of a shame how dead this place has become, and I know its not been too helpful the games we have had to play ect but im really suprised how easily you have given in ...

Get the fukin site sorted, get a BO2 ladder up and lets get this place buzzing again ffs come on :D

Im sure if you get the site a bit updated good things will follow.....
FoOKaa!
E-Dom Spammer

England England

Re: SO WHAT IS HAPPENING ??

Postby Tyr Anasazi » Sun 20 Jul, 2014 22:54

E-dom does not have an anti cheat. So for PCWs you never used one but for matches and cups you need one.

So that is what I would build over a new site. As what is the point in a new site if NO one comes to it.
Tyr Anasazi
Former E-Dom Admin

England England

Postby Bl@de » Sun 20 Jul, 2014 23:48

i come to edom every day checking for new posts.... nothing to look at but here regardless
Bl@de
E-Dom Spammer

England England

Postby stiggz » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 12:04

We currently have a few major issues that we aren't having a lot of luck with, with the main issue around admin time.

Don is busy with his university studies and work with his study organization, therefore, he has decided it's best to be very much hands off at the moment. Steee as well has work commitments that he needs to follow. From the game admins point of view, Klok is hands off due to personal reasons, Morrow has been concentrating on his Uni studies and Juan has been focusing on his career. So from an admin point of view, we have very little movement as the admin team is incredibly light. Its safe to say that without fresh blood in both leadership and game admin positions, then E-Dom will cease to exist. This is why I have been trying to recruit a new head admin who would have new ideas and ways to carry them out.

On a side note of the new website, we were stuck in a rut. Do we turn into a community and build a website on that philosophy or stick with being a competitive site. As I said previously, we'd rather create a new site instead of an anti-cheat as we currently don't have anything for it to interface with nor would we have the capacity to store images and other things, all of which would be sorted with the a new website.

Now I would love to add BO2, the things stopping me is both the lack of game admin(s) who can help things run smoothly, the lack of activity we have when we normally bring back ladders and the lack of an anti-cheat that people want when playing officials.

So you see, the situation is pretty shit and unless something drastic happens, it's not getting any better.
stiggz
E-Dom COO
E-Dom COO

England England

Postby Thomo » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 19:51

posting on here will not help you need to get on the other sites like fb and twitter it might help
Thomo
E-Dom Soldier

England England

Postby FoOKaa! » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 22:53

Thomo wrote:posting on here will not help you need to get on the other sites like fb and twitter it might help

This is a post @ the Edom team and they have better powers than Twitter n FB to get dudes n dudettes back on ere..

A simple mass email to all users would get a few hits and the word might spread from there...

And about the AC, I did suggest this ages ago but why not just use an auto ss taker, make it mandatory and if 1 player fails to upload screens then the match is defaut win for the oppo no exceptions...

As for the lack of admins, surley there is a few guys who are willing to do this.. I would help out nps....

All the site needs is a color change, new logo and a shoutbox so ppl can gather n chat ect. Make THIS the central hub to come and get wars ect and have a laugh...

Edom was always about the community and thats what direction should be taken, other places like edom fail on that side mainly, ya gotta stcik with ya strengths sometimes..
FoOKaa!
E-Dom Spammer

England England

Postby Juanbreezer » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 16:16

I got some more spare time as of bext monday. Just finished a project. Will discuss some of this with the other admins. Will get back on this.
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Woknok » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 13:16

fooka 4 president :)~
Woknok
E-Dom Soldier

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby Juanbreezer » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 13:24

Black Ops 2 ladder is live.
Thanks for all the feedback. I will discuss if we can send a mass email to all users. However I do not want Euro Domination to be seen as spammers :P Also a mass PM might go out about the ladders (in discussion).
Juanbreezer
E-Dom Veteran

Netherlands Netherlands

Postby FoOKaa! » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 13:41

Juanbreezer wrote:I will discuss if we can send a mass email to all users. However I do not want Euro Domination to be seen as spammers :P

Yeah never mind that bollox just do it man.

You want people to know about it or not ?
FoOKaa!
E-Dom Spammer

England England

Return to Suggestions and Advice